Leaving on a Jet Plane

Johannesburg Travel Blog

View of Pretoria

Well.. its a new morning and unfortunately my last day in South Africa.  The drive back from Polokwane to Johannesburg was uneventful.  I did stop in Pretoria to visit the capital city, saw their congressional offices and the US Embassy there (which was pretty cool). Then finished the last 45 minutes back to Johannesburg.  I arrived at the airport WAY early but took a chance that I would be able to get on the South African Air flight back to the states and not have to use the extra American Ticket I purchased.  Should I get on the SAA flight, it will be 8 hours flight to Dakar, Senegal to stop for fuel and passengers, then another 8 hours back to Washington, DC.

Pretoria Parliament

I have to pose the question... is it possible in two weeks that someone can fall so in love with a people, a country, a culture.. that they do not want to leave.... Ye Bo (Yes in Siswati)... it happened to me.  I love this land, the people, the culture.... I did not want to board the plan to head home.

Was this trip life changing.. absolutely!!  I have never had anything affect me so profoundly as this trip to Swaziland and South Africa. My heart is hear.... with my sponsored child Mnotfo, with the missionaries in Swaziland with Children's Cup, with the team of "31".... you know who you are, the new friends and acquainances I have made in South Africa, with Soldiers for Jesus who were so kind to offer the invitation to me to visit them and their chapter meeting in Jo'burg, the people at Clearwater Harley Davidson in Jo'burg, everyone that has shown me hospitality, kindness and love.

To you all a piece of my heart will always be here in your countries and with you.

Grace, peace, love and blessings to you all.

Brett