Time to Say Goodbye

Johannesburg Travel Blog

Preparing to leave

We were all up early this morning in preparation for the ride back to South Africa. We all boarded the bus at 8:30 AM and were on our way after breakfast.

I spent the entire ride talking with many people about my continued plans in South Africa. Many were very envious about my staying and getting to enjoy this beautiful country more.  In no time we had traveled the 4.5 hours from Swaziland to Johannesburg.  The bus was unloaded and the team off to the South African Airlines to get their tickets.

At that moment in time I was very uneasy….. sure I knew I had a hedge of protection around me, but I also knew the team of 31 other people that I was with were headed home: people that I had shared blood and sweat with in starting the new building construction,  people I had shared making arts and crafts with and people I shared the teaching responsibilities with.

New friendships that will forever were started on this trip, people I will never forget and an experience that I will also never forget.

Then it all started again… the laying on of hands, the prayers and the tears as we parted ways… not saying goodbye, but see you at the reunion!

Chat in front of hotel
Chat in front of hotel
Great conversations
Great conversations
Toll gate in South Africa
Toll gate in South Africa
The sign says it all
The sign says it all
Our WCLN Team leaders Steve & Dian…
Our WCLN Team leaders Steve & Dia…