Crafts and Teaching Day

Manzini Travel Blog

Today was a craft and teaching day for the groups and their centers.  Since I purchased many cross necklace crafts, I was being sent to the Manguanini Center today.   We made paper plate fans and decorated them with foam stickers.  I think more stickers wound up on peoples faces and clothing than wound up in the fans…. But that was ok, the children loved the fun.  Then we made the cross necklaces. The teacher read the story about the beads and their meanings before we started.  Each child’s necklace was unique. Most did not follow the color instructions and made them how they wanted, which none of us really cared about. But each one proudly wore their new jewelry. We played and laughed and took more pictures until it was time to go to our next assignment.

One of our team did a teaching on Daniel and we taught the children a song about Daniel. It is so incredible to see the children get so excited about learning a new song..... they are all so enthusiastic.

As for me, I was told on the drive to the center that I would be teaching today.  Now, having no experience with teaching children I had to trust completely on the Lord to give me the words today.  I decided to talk about the Love chapter of 1 Corinthians.  God is so good...  he gave me the words, gave me the message.... and when all was said and done 10 children accepted Christ that day!

It was at that moment why God had placed on my heart 3 years ago to go to Africa... it was for those 10 children to hear God's message that day!

photo by: Stormcrow