Childrens Fun Day @ Zobodze Center and Personal Time

Manzini Travel Blog

We were greeted with a song

We spent the entire morning having a play day with the children of a new community caled Zobodze. The missions team brought in inflatable castles and slides for the children to play on, we had face painting, played football (soccer), threw Frisbees, Christian music, etc.  I have never seen 200 happier children.  We loved on them, played with them and let them know that people love and care about them.   This new community is the location of a new center that has also just started being constructed.

While there I met a woman who was bound to a wheelchair in the community. As we talked, she requested money for food.  We were under strict direction to not give anyone money, but I told the missions team about her and they provided for her.

Song and a dance
What was fascinating was in the moments that followed, I met her children and her father, who was the elder in the community.  There were three (3) generations of people, Grandfather, Daughter, Grandchildren who have lived on that land and lived in poverty.  I knew I could do nothing more than greet them, pray for them, hug them and share the love of Christ with them.

That same afternoon was a time of relaxation with the team… it was our day to share time together and shop.  We had a beautiful lunch and a private lodge overlooking “Execution Mountain”. Sharing in fellowship, sharing in love, enjoying our last full day together.  We laughed and many cried.  Afterwards we went shopping for items to bring home and the local craft market.

Singing

After a peaceful rest back at the hotel, we headed off for another game park for dinner with the Missions Team from Children’ Cup and their families.  We were outside by a fire, wild animals coming into camp (Warthogs mostly, some impala, etc).  The evening was capped off with another wonderful local dance demonstration.  I just did not want the evening to end because it meant our last day was over and we would be heading back to Johannesburg and the missions trip complete. Out final act was to pray over the missions team from Children’s Cup… The they all laid hands on us and prayed for our continued missions work and for safe travels home.

Game time
Game time
Hugs
Hugs
Lined up for the bounce castle
Lined up for the bounce castle
Beth, our bounce castle queen!
Beth, our bounce castle queen!
Daughter of the community elder (i…
Daughter of the community elder (…
Childrens Cup support team