At least we're a little closer...

Akron Travel Blog

Because Dad and Dan needed to be on-site at 6:30 a.m. and South Euclid is a little over 2 hours from the hosue, we spent the evening in Akron's Best Western.  This got us at least a little closer to the site.

One thing I've learned about me and hotels.  Many of them are just too humid for me.  Even when they're cool and the a/c is on, they tend to be musty.  The BEST hotel I've been in recently was that brand-new (less than 2 months) Marv Herzog in Frankenmuth (see Summer in Christmas blog...).  The Best Western in Akron was... stayable.  I've stayed here before.  The sheets and towels are clean.  However, the furniture was ripped, the room smelled of wet dog (again, the very "musty" smell), and the breakfast was an Adkins-diet NIGHTMARE (all very starchy carb food - little fresh fruit and NO protein to speak of.)  I guess I'm getting very picky in my old age.

There is a bar and restaurant attached to the hotel.  I've been there once and had Tarantula tequila for the first time (which in this tequila-tasters opinion is not too bad for a mid-priced tequila.)  I didn't go this time because I wanted all the sleep I could get.  I don't know if it's one of the only places to hang out in Akron, but it's usually VERY busy.  I didn't find it overly memorable, but hey, whatever empties your tequila bottle...

Akron Hotels & Accommodations review
Maybe I'm getting picky in my old age, but I wasn't impressed at all with this hotel. Because of my summer job, I need to stay here quite a bit, and … read entire review
Akron