Portage Lakes Day 3 of 3

Portage Lakes Travel Blog

We worked hard enough that Portage was pretty well done by today.  Tonight it was time to fire the show and it's a biggie.  I know this is a terrible thing to say, but I didn't want to stick around for it.  I knew it was going to be a great show, I knew I was going to be allowed on site while it launched, but I also knew I had to drive a large truck and trailer home and didn't want to do it after dark.  I also knew that I was hot, stinky, sweaty, and running on less than 8 hours of sleep in 72 hours.  So, after we spent the morning wiring, plugging, foiling, and working, Mom and I were reprieved.  I went home.  We got a TINGE lost on a new route and ended up taking a stroll through Amish Country (which I'll be going back to when I'm not hauling a huge trailer full of stuff behind a big truck).  Dad and Dan stayed behind.  All I know about the show is that it was AWESOME, loud, really pretty, and Dan didn't get home and in bed until almost 3:00 while I was in bed at 9:00.  Am I sorry I missed it after 3 days of work, kind of.  But my soft bed and 8 hours of sleep last night reminds me that I'm not completely sorry.

Portage Lakes