If you come to Santa Cruz, feature a broad service hotels, accommodation and varied cuisine.
The department of Santa Cruz with its capital, Santa Cruz de la Sierra is located in the Amazon area of Bolivia and has a wealth of outstanding natural beauty.
Cathedral · Museum of Sacred Art, which houses a collection of religious art divided into four rooms: wood carvings, ornate liturgical silverware and art gallery (as well as jewelry and medals). The museum is located inside the Cathedral.
· Museum of Ethnography El Arenal, located on the island of Murals. It has a collection of utilitarian and decorative crafts of ethnic groups: Guarayos Chiquitanos, Ayoreos, Izoseños, Tupi - Guarani and mixed culture of the valleys.
· Museum of Natural History Noel Kempff Mercado, dependent of the Universidad Autonoma Gabriel Rene Moreno.
It is a valuable collection of botanical displays, animals, fossils, rocks and minerals. Which highlights some dinosaur fossils found not far from the city.
· Casa de la Cultura, is in operation since 1978, giving lectures, plays, concerts, films, videos, courses and workshops, exhibitions of paintings, photographs, sculptures and other activities. It also has a bookstore specializing in regional publications.
Another attraction of the city is the South American Wildlife Zoo, the park has a varied collection of the South American fauna, with valuable species not found in other zoos as: borochi or maned wolf (Chrysocyon brachiurus), the bush dog (Speothos venaticus) and the lone pig (Catogonuswagneri).
Piraí cottages. Just minutes from downtown and a set of native and rustic buildings, operate numerous small restaurants offering a wide sampling of the rich cuisine of Santa Cruz.
Ideal for a picnic.
Attractions outside the city
. The Samaipata is the most important archaeological site from the east country and was named Cultural Patrimony of Humanity by UNESCO. They settled various pre-Columbian civilizations and finally be used as Inca ceremonial site. These ruins have architectural techniques such as pre-Columbian rock carving and zoomorphic representations.
. Jesuit Missions. Journey to the missions of San Javier and Concepcion, the largest in the eastern Bolivian! Visiting the eastern lowlands, agricultural and livestock area, visit the lagoon Sapocó, and the dam of the same name where you can bathe in its waters.
. Cotoca, where he settled the city of Santa Cruz to be moved from Chiquitos, is 20 km from the capital.
Here is the famous shrine of Our Lady of Cotoca, patron of the department of Santa Cruz. Cotoca is an interesting ceramic pottery center offering rustic, typical of the region also offer a tasty regional cuisine.
· Laguna Palmira, this lake is located 8 km. south of the city, behind Palmasola Oil Refineries. Here the enthusiastic crowd gathers at the weekend Santa Cruz to watch the racing motorboats.
· Espejillos, 40 km. of the city. It's a very nice playground for its quietness and beauty. Crystal waterfalls 20 meters in height, form and produce wells stepped waterfalls and pools.
. Porongo, located only 18 km. of the city. This picturesque town is situated on the banks of the river Piarí and retains a small eighteenth-century church, besides the appearance and habits that characterized the city of Santa Cruz before its explosive growth over the past 40 years.
On the vast plains area are national parks, forest reserves and navigable rivers throughout the year suitable for the practice of boating and fishing. It is also possible safaris, expeditions into the interior of the Amazon.
. Amboró National Park, near the towns of Warnes, Montero and more penetrating Portachuelo the magical jungle of eastern Bolivia, is reached and then to Buena Vista Park Amboro unique ecological park with native flora and fauna. In the area can be ecotourism activities, photo shoots and camping.
. Park Noel Kempff Mercado, is in a rich and extraordinary diversity of flora and fauna. Dream trip for ecotourism will not find anywhere else in the wide variety of habitats together in one place: forest landscapes, plateaus and areas inundated, with waterfalls and virgin forests, rivers and bays where you can observe the local fauna.
· Lomas de Arena del Palmar. They are great dunes or sand dunes without vegetation. Located about 16 km. south of the city. At the foot of these hills, are crystal clear water lakes where swimming and camping can be alternated with extensive walks in the sand, with horseback riding or surfing, or just watch the birds that inhabit the place pampa .
. The Pantanal, unique destination in the world where you can marvel at the vastness of the forests, swamps and rich flora and fauna, can be performed on the tours, photo safaris, wildlife observation day or night, boating and horse, besides fishing and crafts.
There are four major ethnic groups and Linguistic divided into many tribes and nations: Chiriguanos or Guarani, Arawacos or Sirion, Chiquitanos, Guarayos.