Sunrise @ Bromo

Bromo Travel Blog

Sunrise from Pananjakan

Leaving Jakarta in November 16, 2006 night, we took flight to Surabaya with airasia airlines before a rented car brought us to Bromo mountain area. this was sleepless or sleep just in car trip! as we arrived in Bromo about at 2-3 a.m, we were just putting all our stuffs at hotel and rushing to reach Pananjakan to catch the sunrise. The peak of Mt. Penanjakan (2,770 m a.s.l) was the best point to get a very good view to the area of Sea of Sand with the mount Bromo, Batok and Semeru in the background.. and quite lucky me to get good position among the crowd (as we arrived, already sooo many people there, mostly foreigner) so i could get this pictures.

After dramatic colors of sunrise, in which all warm colors combined - purple, red, orange, yellow, etc; the sky were just getting so blue.. very beautiful! Clean dark blue that you would not need CPL filter to get what I got.

Moving the the peak of Bromo Mt, we were passing sea of sand and taking picture for a while. Still, I can’t stop to say I really love the sky! ^^ we could reach the peak by trekking, but I preferred riding the horse to get it easy and more fun!

Beside the crater and the peak, you could enjoy the Hinduism temple that stands in the middle of the sand with Bromo peak in the background. Good to bring your camera and take pics as many as possible ^^

Mami Sylvi