And now a word from our sponsor....

Washington Travel Blog

One happy benefactress.

My client/benefactress has also been reading this blog and offers the following thoughts from her side of this experiment...

I feel a little like Bob Hope (who reportedly traveled for years with a massage therapist) as I anticipate going to a trade show with a massage therapist who knows me well.  It's the ultimate luxury, but at the same time it feels very much like a wise expense, like comfortable shoes - more of a necessity rather than something frivolous. I figure Hope knew what he was doing.  He lived to a hundred and laughed a lot, so why not learn from him?  I imagine that he used massage as I do, for mental as well as physical benefits, part relaxation and part rejuvenation

Having Kelly at the trade show is already starting to make a difference and I haven't even packed.  Instead of dreading the pain that accompanies my days in Chicago, I feel positive and excited.  I know that I'll feel physically different from usual which means I'll be able to focus better and be more productive at meetings (starting early in the morning and running clear through dinner) and while walking the show floor for hours on end.

My decision to ask Kelly to accompany me was a light bulb moment: I was given a bonus that I had not spent so the money was available.  I figured it couldn't hurt to ask and was really pleased when she said yes.  It's an experiment for both of us.  Who knows if I'll be able to afford this in the future - who knows if she'll think it's an idea worth repeating.
Washington