Talking 'bout my passion

Chicago Travel Blog

B schmoozing at the trade show, as she does so well! She loves to connect people and ideas.

I got my swim in early today (and still had the pool all to myself; what joy!). Then, fully fortified with exercise and good food, I headed back to the trade show.

Today, I had a plan, knowing which booths I wanted to visit, per B’s advice. There is so much to see, so many creative options to consider. It really lit up my imagination and gave me a reason to consider trying some crafts I haven’t tried before.

B also introduced me to a trade publication editor who had questions about massage. She has had major life-changing work done on her and is very curious about becoming a massage therapist herself.  We talked for quite a while about the reality of massage therapy, both the joyous and the challenging. I always feel good when I can tell someone the truth about this life and help them make an informed decision.

At the end of the day, B and I met back in the room for her massage.  Another pain-free happy day. 30 minutes into her massage, though, her dinner date called. B had gotten the dinner reservation time confused and needed to leave right away.  So, up off the table and out the hotel.

I followed her so I could get on the El (the Chicago metro) to meet my friend Charlie for a party.

It’s a long way from O’Hare to downtown by train, so I settled in with my book….only to have the train stop half-way there.  The El is undergoing some significant work done.  We had to be bussed into the downtown transfers. OK, that’ll slow things down but I made my transfer.  Then the next line was single-tracking.  Again, slow down.

It took me two hours to get there!  Oy vey.  But it was worth it. The party was for a co-worker of Charlie’s who just finished massage school.  This was her graduation party. It was nice to welcome a new member to the profession.

It was 1 am till I finally got back to the hotel and leaped into bed, quite exhausted.

B schmoozing at the trade show, as…
B schmoozing at the trade show, a…
Chicago