How are you spending my money??

Evanston Travel Blog

Slept in, again, on Monday.  Somebody has apparently not been eating her Wheaties!

Charlie and roommates let me have their couch.  I stumbled to a local artsy / hippie / peace-loving kind of coffee shop / cafe and had a fabulous brunch.  Then hauled my bod and luggage up to Evanston.

NOTE:  I'd forgotten just how handicapped-unfriendly the El is.  No escalators.  Few elevators.  Tough enough with luggage.  It would be a nightmare with bad knees, a cane, or (God forbid) a wheelchair.

Why Evanston?  My professional society -- the American Massage Therapy Association -- has its headquarters there and I wanted to see how they were spending my money!  I'm involved in the local chapter and sometimes I get very frustrated with the national office.  They don't seem to really "get" the daily life of a hard-working MT.  So I had an appointment to chat with a few people.

They couldn't have been nicer and seemed genuinely interested in hearing what it's like "in the trenches".  I had some harsh things to say about the websites' search engine (knowing that a good search engine is, in fact, really difficult to create and manage).  But they listened and were friendly, helpful, and supportive.

I feel much better about the national office now!

Grabbed a cab to O'Hare and came home.

Evanston