Well, this is new

Washington Travel Blog

Let's hit the road!

Massage therapists often fantasize about being able to see the world by travelling with a ballet company or a professional sports team.  Most of us don't get to do that (there are only so many dance companies and sports teams!).

However, a long-term client has asked me to accompany her to Chicago for one of her two annual trade shows. They take a huge toll on her body and it can take her a full week to recover when she gets home (even with her twice-a-year 2-hour massage afterwards!).

She'll be getting a massage every day to see if it helps her survive (and recover from) the trade show. I get to see what it's like to be the "company massage therapist", as it were.  Plus, I like Chicago and my time is my own after her massage.

This blog will be of greatest interest, I suspect, to my students and other MTs who have considered this kind of arrangement.  But anyone is welcome to read about my adventures in The Windy City!

We leave July 19 and I'll return to DC on July 23.

kaki0301 says:
I find the idea of this, from the point of client, or therapist, wonderful. I have never shipped my table, but once was contracted at a large concert event and hauled my table (on foot) downtown Minneapolis to the. It is a curious thing what things we do to be able to use our own equipment.
Posted on: Jul 17, 2007