My night out in Madrid

Madrid Travel Blog

So there I am, last night of my 10 day trip to France and Spain with my friends from High School Spanish club.  I was the ripe old age of 18 and bummed that most of the other kids in the group wanted to simply spend the last night in the hotel playing cards.  Our guide (who was incredibly cool) came up to the 3 of us that wanted to do something and said “come on, get dressed, I’m taking you clubbing!”  WHAT!?!?!?  COOL!  I wasn’t sure what to wear (Come ON, folks, I’m a goody-2-shoes Midwest farmer’s daughter…) so I asked the guide, who told me “I don’t know, look as Spanish as possible” and busted out laughing.  (Look at my profile pic, you’ll get the joke. I look like an American Midwest farmer…)  Anyway, we get ready and go out to these awesome little clubs with live music.  Highlights of the night include:

-         Turns out in one of the clubs, there was a guitar player / folk singer from Ohio!  He called me on stage and sang to me.

-         I carried on a conversation in Spanish with this really HOT guy (I come from a very rural school with… um… limited selection. So my girlfriends were WAY impressed, especially because I was a little awkward and shy around guys)  This fact got reported back to my high school Spanish teacher who called me to her desk when we got home.  I told her (in Spanish) about the evening… I aced the course!

-         My first beer.

-         Jumping on a seal in the sidewalk and making a wish, which came true!

Overall, this night was one of the best nights of my life.

I, unfortunately, don't have pictures.  I didn't take a camera with me. :(

scubagirl76 says:
oh but you have the memories!
Posted on: Jun 18, 2008
lisa says:
what a great memory!!! i bet you were the coolest girl in Ohio after that ;)
Posted on: Jul 17, 2007