Magnificent Nature

Midi-Pyrenees Travel Blog

Happy Days

I have seen the Midi Pyrenees umpteen times from a distance… From the long road trips and from the boulevard in Pau… but nothing beats the experience of being in the Pyrenees.

Nicolas is a very sweet companion… He promised to discover Spain, the mountains, and the Ocean with me… And he did it all. Even though we were exhausted and the weather was bad, he made sure we made it to see the Pyrenees before out eyes.

The road trip to the Pyrenees was beautiful. We passed a pretty little village with houses painted in an assortment of colors. The inhabitants were fortunate to wake up to vast mountains before their eyes each day.

On the road trip to the peak of the mountains, we could see beautiful waterfalls, quaint pit stops, and breathe the freshest air that I’ve experienced. The lush greenery and tall woods definitely reminded me of how beautiful nature could be.

There was very little pollution in the area, traffic was scarce, and upon reaching Pont Espagnol, we had to park our cars and trek the mountains. The only other form of transport to appreciate the lush greenery was the cable car.

Oh, and I had one of the best salami cheese sandwiches here too… J

Lots of Japanese action (camera clicking), lots of romance, and lots of goodness in life experienced at the Pyrenees. It is definitely a great place to visit with friends or your loved ones. In winter, it is also a good place for skiing.