A Cute Little Town

Aix-en-Provence Travel Blog

Yummy Cookies!
Took a drive down to Aix from Marseille one lazy Monday along with Nico. It was a short 30 mins from Marseille, and being on the autoroute was lovely and comfortable.. as we enjoyed the scenery of mountains and mills. Can't believe what nature has done to a city chic like me.. I'm still amazed by the same mountains after living in the South of France for more than a month.

Upon arrival at Aix, we were greeted by fountains surrounding the shopping complex, and the famous La Rotonde fountain. No wonder people say that Aix's the city of fountains.

We took it easy all day, and walked around the centre of Aix, which was filled with over touristic brasseries and caf├ęs, Well, everyone has to fill their stomachs, and I often, and did fall prey to one of these restaurants when my instincts growled for lunch.
Tiny Winnie

We were really fortunate to catch the market at the city square though, as we arrived an hour just before it closed. It was so cute and provencial, with merchants selling callisons (specialty sweets from Aix), herbs and spices, all types of saucissons, and regiona cheese products. Just tasting the samples delighted my trip :)

Being a Roman empire in the past, it explains why Aix boasts of rich Roman architecture. Which is a refreshing change from other French cities. Didn't spend time to visit the museums or theatres, but just roaming along the streets refreshed me and I enjoyed it. Kind of discovered that it's a great town for shopping too. Lots of boutiques in the centre, clean.. organized.. and welcoming.

Definitely a place to return to.. Next time, I'll make an effort to visit the theatres, the museums, and the vineyards.
The very cute trolley
The very cute trolley
Testing Caps
Testing Caps
Testing Caps too
Testing Caps too
Visiting Provence on Postcards :)
Visiting Provence on Postcards :)
I would eat all of that!
I would eat all of that!
How many kilos would that cost my …
How many kilos would that cost my…
Aix Market