Dinner with the Badminton Champion of the World

Bangkok Travel Blog

After work today, Miles, John and I went to a party for a semi-retired partner at John’s firm who recently won the World Senior Badminton Doubles Championship.  There was a buffet meal and free drinks so it was a good time.  I talked with some a couple of the American partners for a while and it was interesting to get their take on Thailand.  There was a screen set up in the room showing film from the Badminton Championships (those guys can play!) and afterwards they started Karioke.  None of us got up to sing though since we didn’t have enough of those free drinks.

After that, John and I went with Mike, and American partner to a bar nearby and Mike bought a couple rounds.  It was an outside seating area and there was a live band so that was fun.  After Mike left, John and I were going to have one more round, when the band started talking to us.  They wanted one of us to come up and sing.  I still hadn’t had enough to drink for that to happen, but John had and he also plays some guitar so they let him borrow one of theirs.  He played a Jack Johnson song and the drummer and bass guitar (despite having no clue what song he was playing) did a great job of backing him up.  They even caught the change.  After that, I caught a cab back to my apartment.

mom0104 says:
What fun! I KNEW you should have kept up those music lessons :)
Posted on: Jul 14, 2007