Bangkok Travel Blog

The strangest Airline snack mix I have ever had. Actual ingredients listed included Pea, Shrimp and Gelatine. It was however surprisingly tasty.
After a long 25 hour trip I have arrived in Bangkok, Thailand. Overall the trip wasn't too bad. I would fly All Nippon Airways again in the future. The plane was a new Boeing 777 and every seat had a personal video screen with movies on demand. To top things off, the second leg of my trip (Tokyo to Bangkok) I got to sit in a sort of "Economy-plus" section which had wider seats and several inches more leg room than regular economy class. This was particularly helpful since I was not in an aisle seat for the second flight which is often problematic due to my height.

Everything went smoothly at the airport, there was no trouble with my visa, my luggage arrived in one piece, and I was able to find the people meeting me at the airport without any trouble. We took a taxi from the airport to the apartment I will be staying in during my time in Thailand. This was a little nerve racking as Thai taxi drivers have a somewhat loose interpretation of what constitutes a driving lane, but after having experienced drivers in Cairo this really wasn't too bad.

Now that I have arrived at my apartment and carried my bags up to the 4th floor (that's a hike in the heat), I am going to unpack a little and get some sleep. Tomorrow I am supposed to meet someone from the law firm to show me how to get to the office via the subway. I hope the commute isn't too long.
mom0104 says:
Glad things are going far!
Posted on: Jul 08, 2007
The strangest Airline snack mix I …
The strangest Airline snack mix I…
photo by: halilee