Snow in the South

Tuscaloosa Travel Blog

traces of snow on the driveway

The last time it snowed significantly in Tuscaloosa was eleven years ago. Winter times here are usually just a mix of cold weather and few sleet, never the snow. However, this weekend the snow decided to visit the South, and everybody was very excited about it. The weather channel predicted it was going to be about a couple of inches of snow in the area by early Saturday morning.

My friends and I were talking about it and discussing about the times when the forecasters were so wrong and there was never snow in Tuscaloosa. The area is not that conducive for snow because it’s been very warm relatively throughout the year for decades.

Still, I liked to join the fun. Kids in the neighborhood were ready to do something related to snow.
signatured snow :)
As for me, I just liked to watch the flurries or the snow dust, at least. I thought that would be nice. So I said to myself that this time I would document it. I doubted myself that I would be awake early in the morning, but I turned on my alarm clock anyway.

The snow did fall, and I missed it! Between my prep for documenting the snowfall and actually doing it I fell asleep. I spent Friday night watching Australian Open and Federer was playing, and it looked like there was going to be an upset. I continued watching the Federer-Tipsarevic game till about 4 in the morning when my eyes gave up and I fell asleep.

When I woke up about 7 hours later (!) I could only see traces of snow around the house and on my car. So here are the pictures. By the time I upload these pictures, the snow is gone.

a liiiitle icing on my car