DAY 2-June 23, 2007

Las Vegas Travel Blog

DAY 2-Saturday June 23, 2007

Well we tried to start this day early...we were a little unsuccessful with this...so we wandered down the street for some breakfast at the local IHOP....thinking this would be our cheapest meal of the trip...WRONG!!!  Do not go to the IHOP on the strip unless you wanna pay an arm and a leg for some omlets and coffee...

Then we took the shuttle down to the Tropicana hotel (once again being 100+ degrees already).  Finally we made it down there and we went through the hotel to find the Bodies exhibit.  The hotel itself isn't the most interesting looking and I kind of wish we wouldn't have had to walk through all of it, but once we made it to the exhibit it was all worth it! This was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen, they use real human bodies to educate you about the different body systems and about how diseases affect the body.

The Sahara hotel.
  They don't allow photos in there but man I wish they did.

We walked across the road to MGM Grand hotel to check out the Lion Habitat(photos) which was FREE! and to relax for a while *blisters by now on the feet were almost unbareable!* and we chilled at Starbucks where Derrick found the new love of his life, the Orange Creme Frap.  (p.s. there is a Starbucks every 10 feet in Vegas!)

We then went over to M&M World and Coca-Cola World and made it up all 4 flights in M&M World! (photos) After all this walking and heat and people we were pretty grouchy again!!  We walked a fair amount and then finally caught a shuttle, it was so packed full we were like sardines.

Waterfall at the Tropicana.
..just what you want in 100+ degrees!

Finally we got back and decided to hit the pool before supper and nighttime.  The pool at our hotel was so amazing, it was perfect!  After that we showered and got ready for the night, we went down to the restaurants in our hotel again and hit up Naga Chinese restaurant for some stir-fry and sushi. (photos)  It was so amazing!!  We then wandered around the casino for a little bit and then hit up the night club in the hotel, since we got in for free with a room key!  Polly Esthers (haha get it!) is a pretty awesome club, they have 4 rooms each with a different theme.  They have a 70's room, 80's room, 90's room and 2000's room.  We danced for a few hours till I couldn't walk anymore and then went back upstairs to our room and pretty much crashed!

Ann_Hells says:
I went to Vegas in April, I can't imagine in Summer! heat is unbearable in crowded places.
Posted on: Jul 21, 2007
MGM Grand hotel.
MGM Grand hotel.
Lion Habitat at MGM Grand.
Lion Habitat at MGM Grand.
M&Ms World.
Without flash.
Without flash.
SuperM movie poster.
SuperM movie poster.
The Mfather movie poster.
The Mfather movie poster.
Raiders...movie poster.
Raiders...movie poster.
Saturday Night Candy movie poster.
Saturday Night Candy movie poster.
Plain.
Coca-Cola world.
Coca-Cola world.
Margaritas by the yard!
Margaritas by the yard!
My cashew chicken at Naga Chinese …
My cashew chicken at Naga Chinese…
Derricks kung pow chicken.
Derrick's kung pow chicken.
Our sushi!
Our sushi!
Sleepy.
Sleepy.
Smoochies!
Smoochies!
Las Vegas Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
We ate here in the hopes of trying some good sushi and authentic Japanese/Chinese food. We sat at the sushi bar and we were able to watch the chef … read entire review
Las Vegas Sights & Attractions review
The M&M World in Vegas was insane! I'd never been to one before so it was a cool experience. We took a lot of photos but didn't end up buying anythin… read entire review
Las Vegas