MISSION around the WORLD

London Travel Blog

Hi All,
As you may or may not know, I am putting together an international project which will aim to help charities/projects with insufficient funding and manpower. The website will be up and running soon so that you'll be able to see what we're up to, and hopefully make donations...not just of cash, but of equipment too. Anything from clothes and bedding to toys, phones, plumbing equipment etc.
The text below is the introduction that will appear on the first page of the website which is being kindly donated by Mike Boogaard of Daydream in Portugal. We are in advanced discussions with a number of charities varying from a kids school in Costa Rica, a parrot sanctuary in France, orphanages in Romania and Sri Lanka, a school in Thailand and WaterAid. Many of these charities will have their logo's and links on our site.
"Mission around the World is the brainchild of a group of friends who having been successful in their own fields now want to devote their time to making a difference. Headed by Sivy Sivarajah, who says " I want to make a difference in the world, and not just a difference, but I want to make a contribution to the world. I want the world to be a better place because I have been here. I want to leave the world better than I found it. I can’t change the entire world. That’s impossible. But maybe, just maybe, I can affect a few people’s minds with my words and actions. Maybe I can get them thinking differently. Maybe I can convince them to take small actions everyday that save lives or even just bring a smile to a person’s face instead of a tear or a look of indifference. I know that if I am able to affect just one child or adult and make their life better, have them make better choices, and give them hope in life, then I have done my job. I have made the world a better place. Now, if I can encourage others to do the same, then that goes part of the way to fulfilling what Ghandi once said..."To see Change in the World, one must become that Change".
The aim is to benefit smaller charities and projects globally that might not get the type of backing and financial support of the larger organisations. We intend to be able to provide funding and equipment/supplies to projects such as orphanages, hospitals, water projects, schools, animal and conservation projects worldwide. Over the next 2 to 4 yrs, we will travel extensively, at our own expense, helping where we can whether that be by lending a hand, teaching, or simply donating. In some instances, where our involvement directly is impossible without being a drain on resources, we will aim to set up regular funding on a long term basis. This project intends to cut out all beaurocracy and corruption in getting money and resources direct to where they're needed.
You will see various links on this site to various charities and projects. Please take some time to read about the work these groups do, the benefit they bring and the lives that they change. Afterall, have we become so busy and self absorbed, that we can't spare 5 minutes or $5 for a fellow inhabitant of our planet.
Thankyou for taking the time to read about our project, aims and goals. We understand that you all do so much for so many charities, but even if its simply helping to get the word about, or putting us in touch with individual projects or providing sponsorship, we'll be grateful for all and any help we receive. "
We are also looking for major sponsors, once again, not necessarily for cash, but goods as well. To that end we will be talking to Nokia, Disney, Virgin, BA etc. If anyone at all can help with this side of things i.e contacts, or is directly able to support us themselves, please please get in touch. Also, if anyone would like to think of joining me for any leg of my trip, they'll be more than welcome.
Could you please forward to as many people as possible. I'll forward an update and the website address soon.
Thank you all for taking the time to read this, and for your continued support as friends.
Kind Regards,