First day in Taichung

T'ai-chung Travel Blog

Today was pretty relaxed. I woke up at 11 am and was ble to catch the second half of the West Virgina-Texas game on ESPN so I haven't completely lost accsess to the NCAA tournament. My parents had to work yesterday. Just kind of lounged around during the day and went to the market to buy some food. i found a Belgium Kriek style lambic by the name of Floris. It was nice to get a Belgian beer here, cost was 99 NT about $3 USD but thebeer was a little disappointing not the best example of the style but certainly much better than anything else at that store. A family friend named Peter came buy, I had not gottena chance to meet him on my last trip. He is a very nice man and joined us at an Indian restraraunt named Andrew. I had some pretty good garlic nan and some lamb kabos along with rice pudding for dessert. Peter bought us some dragon fruit, guava and pineapple for a late night snack andI crashed out around 11PM. Iti is now 6:30 am and I could no longer sleep and it is still another 3 hours tillI can catch some hoops on TV. Today I think we are going to check out the art museum here in Taichung and then see a movie at what is supposed to be a very upscale theatre.
T'ai-chung