Through Mountains of Andalucia

Algeciras Travel Blog

Andalucia

I really wanted to see Gibraltar. And a piece of Africa. It gave me the feeling that I've almost been there. So we took a great drive from Ronda to Algeciras through mountains, it took us some time to go a little more than 100km. We didn't look for easy ways, no paid road, of course, some dead ends and a lot of ups and downs in the real sense of the word.

Algeciras disappointed us, there was nothing to see besides the view of Gibraltar. And there were no places to eat. We literally walked every street but found nothing that could satisfy us at least a bit. But... water was fantastic, so warm and with a lot of waves. Didn't want to get out. So that was enough. We wanted to get over some peak to see the African side, I heard there are some beautiful sunsets on that side, but our car couldn't conquer it. That was actually the one and only time when our small 1 litre Peugeot couldn't climb the hill. I know, it wasn't the smartest move to go mountain driving with this car. but we adored it. by the second day we notices that it started smiling at us.

Now we had to hurry, because Granada and some friends there were waiting for us in several days.

There, on the horizon, is Africa