Malaga, Antequera, El Torcal

Malaga Travel Blog

Malaga waves

We arrived to Malaga at night. We had problems with this city straight away. At first we couldn't find city center, then we couldn't find any place to stay. We were aware of the prices in this resort town, but still even some small hostel away from the center cost 100eur. So we decided to go inside the country and look for something there. 50km from Malaga is a small medieval town called Antequera. Once we entered the town we saw a hostel, 30eur for a double room, all facilities inside the room. It was pure luck, because later we took a walk and saw that there is another entrance to the city, crowded big street with a lot of shops, restaurants and hotels, it would have been a pain to look for something there in the middle of the night.

El Torcal
So we booked the hostel for two night and decided to go to Malaga in the morning for a whole day of beach and sunbathing.

As I already said, Malaga had something against us. We couldn't find the center, it was really hard to find a place to park, we got charged 10eur on the beach for a place to lie on, the sand was dirty and the beach itself was a 5meter strip of sand right next to the road. I alse fell down and had a bleeding leg. But still, the waves were great. Artificial wave breakers did their job and i didn't want to get out of the water for several hours.

In the evening we took a walk through Antequera and next morning headed for Granada where some friends were waiting for us.

On our way from Antequera we decided to check what El Torcal is. We saw signs all over the town showing which direction to go. And sometimes you have to follow the signs. Because this national park is definitely worth visiting.

Malaga beach
Malaga beach
El Torcal
Antequera. The mountain on the bac…
Antequera. The mountain on the ba…
Olives
Olives
oh, thats me :)
oh, that's me :)
Malaga Sights & Attractions review
El Torcal is a National Park situated in Malaga Province 30km from Malaga. I never heard of it, we just followed the signed from Antequera. It is very… read entire review
Malaga