Huelva - Punta Umbria - El Rompido

Punta Umbria Travel Blog

road from Sevilla to the south

As soon as we got our car, small funny Peugeot 107, we drove down to the south. We wanted to take a swim in the ocean sooo badly. By night time we arrived to Huelva, very tired from the first day in the car. We wanted to park somewhere and to find a place to sleep. That's all we cared about. And no, we didn't have anything reserved beforehand. Actually, our reservation in Sevilla was the only thing thought through beforehand.

So we arrived to Huelva, it drove us crazy with all one-way streets, we found a good two-star hotel where one boy recommended to go to another one, a little bit cheaper. it was just one street away. We looked for it more than one hour, going crazy bit by bit, coming back to the same spot for the tenth time, driving in circles.

i was almost having a breakdown (that now seems very stupid thing to do). Finally the hotel was all booked so we had the second part of the quest: find the previous hotel for the second time. Of course, once we were there and parked and with the key in hands, we didn't want to sleep at all. So we spent part of the night sitting on the terrace of the single open bar drinking wine.

In the morning we went in search of the ocean. It was fantastic, bright blue, with pinetrees and sand dunes around. Both towns - Punta Umbria and El Rompido were empty, I think here, tourist season was already over. Though the water was very warm.

I wish we knew more about Cadiz, this way we would have gone there as our next stop. But we picked Gibraltar just because it sounded so famous. We got a little disappointed but that's another part of story.

I am not very good with words, so I'll do what i do best - show pictures. And I hope someone enjoys them.

We eat them!!!
We eat them!!!
Ocean!!!
Ocean!!!
Flecha del Rompido - Rompido arrow
Flecha del Rompido - Rompido arrow
Somewhere there
Somewhere there
Me checking the map. no gps of cou…
Me checking the map. no gps of co…
El Rompido
Madara eating shells (mussels?)
Madara eating shells (mussels?)
photo by: anjok