Wow! Cinqueterra

Levanto Travel Blog

I have seen this place in books for years, ever since my first trip here.  And we re here!  Cinqueterra, a peninsula of 5 fishing villages that we re off to explore by hiking and train tomorrow.  Its a beautiful little town we re in, full of purple bougainvillia (spelling?), pink, green and yellow houses with shutters and window boxes overflowing with flowers.  People are saying my italian is good, but I have a Spanish accent, haha.  I could live here.  Kajsa is looking like a little traveller, shuffling her feet doing the travel walk, hair curling everywhere.  I just look like a sweaty mom, haha.  Italy is incredibly beautiful.  We spent last night in a castle at a place called Finale Ligure on the Italian Riviera.  Our bedroom window was huge like an italian villa window that you might expect...and it opened to the sea and a town all in orange, with church domes and bells ringing.  Lemons and oranges and limes on trees all the way down the path to the town.  I want to live here!  I wish I could send pictures, but its too hard...youll all have to wait.  Josh, if youre reading, I miss you MADLY...(dont forget to water my garden ).  Well try to phone tonight.  Kajsa is missing her daddy!  Anyways, until later.  Hope everyone is enjoying their summer like we are!

Levanto