Fun times at the amusement park

Hershey Travel Blog

Being able to go to an amusement park on a limited admission day really makes touring a lot easier; the crowds are so much smaller!  Being a lover of roller coasters, I was very pleased that our group was able to ride seven of these rides along with one other major thrill ride.  We went on several wooden ones: Trailblazer, the Comet, and Wild Cat.  I enjoyed the first two more than the third even though they were milder since I got shook around a bit on the Wild Cat.  I still find the Wild Cat neat though because the wheels aren't attached to the wooden track; you really can see how these rides rely on gravity to stay in line.  The other coasters were obviously metal ones: SooperDooperLooper, Great Bear, Sidewinder, and Stormrunner.  My least favorite was Sidewinder since once again I got banged around on this ride that shoots forward first and then runs the track in reverse.  My favorite--and our longest line of the day--was Stormrunner.  I love how there are a few moments of weightlessness on the coaster.

Our other thrill ride was the Claw which is good for turning upside down and seeing the sky from very odd angles.  We also picked up a few smaller rides such as the Whip, Wild Mouse (the sharp turns on this ride make riders feel that they are about to plummet into the water park area), the Monorail (which gives a view of ZooAmerica), and Canyon River Rapids, a water ride where I definitely did not pick the dry seat.

We finished our day with a visit to Chocolate World and the ride through a demonstration of how chocolate is made complete with singing cows.

Koralifix says:
Sounds like heaps of fun!!!
Posted on: Oct 31, 2009