Shopping & Walking & Eating

Shanghai Travel Blog

Nanjing Dong Lu, Shanghai

OK, I'll admit it - I'm a bit of a shopping fiend, and I'd picked up quite a few things on my way round China, but Shanghai was IT! Every time I sent an email home it was along the lines of "I went shopping today and I'm going to the Museum tomorrow..." I'll admit that never happened.

I set off along Nanjing Dong Lu (Nanjing Road East), which is supposedly the busiest shopping street in China. I was aiming for the Emirates office on Nanjing West, thought it can't be far...
Three hours, two Starbucks, a MacDonald's lunch, a handbag and three tops later I gave up and hailed a cab! I had to change my flights out of China because our contract had changed and my Mum had agreed to meet me in Dubai when I was coming home, so I had to pick up new tickets and pay the lady!

So my first day in Shanghai consisted of shopping, eating, walking lots and trying to communicate an address with a taxi driver - both that of the Emirates office and the hostel name: there was no way I was walking back.

I must admit, fresh air makes me either hyper or tired and this time the somewhat smoggy air of Shanghai had a sedative effect. I dozed off back in the room and had a pizza in the hostel bar for dinner then an early night...I really do live the high life! *ahem*!

AndiPerullo says:
It doesn't get much better than shopping in Shanghai. Truly a shopper's paradise!!!
Posted on: Oct 19, 2007