Morning in London

London Travel Blog

It is 5:45am on our last full day in London and I cannot stand to sleep one more moment. Of course, Greg has no problem sleeping and it is difficult to walk about our small room in silence and not wake him. So, now I figure will be a good time to journal.

I just went through some of our pictures from yesterday and I am amazed at how many places we had visited. Of course, there was Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, and the London Bridge, as well as many others. The sightseeing tour on the double-decker bus was a ton of fun as Greg and I made our way to the front row on the top platform. I took pictures of the normal landmarks, whereas Greg couldn’t help but keep his camera focused on those more “interesting” architectural buildings. *laugh*

There are 15 of us total on this gathering and almost everyone seems to get along fabulously.  Even Greg has broken out of his shell and become very normal around the group. In this group, we have a few from the United States but then some from the UK, one from Tanzania, one from Denmark, and lastly one from Canada. Each person brings a bit of culture and tons of fun to the trip. They add a bit of spice to an already great adventure.

Now let’s talk about the people here in London. Although my first journal may have sounded a bit on the negative side of London as a whole, it really is quite spectacular. You could never tell by the erratic driving how friendly the people are in this area. The lady that serves us breakfast in the hotel was the sweetest and most energetic woman you could ever meet. “Get you the morning paper, dear? Would you like something to eat? Can I help you in any way? A good night’s sleep, did you dear?” She was a very welcome smile so early in the morning and so eager to please. The same goes for other people we have come across; shopkeepers, waiters, tour guides, bus drivers. You can’t help but smile all day long.

Today should be an interesting day in London. Sadly, it is our last full day here as tomorrow is not only our free day (to do whatever we want while here) but we check out around 10am and head for the Caledonian Sleeper Train in the early evening for an overnight ride up to Fort William, Scotland. For now though, we will enjoy today’s adventures at the London Eye, boating down the River Thames, and some other nice leisurely tours we have yet planned. I am now on the search for a Roman Catholic Church in London for tomorrow morning’s mass. Wish me luck!

photo by: ulysses