AsiaJapanTokyo

Preperation of the travel

Tokyo Travel Blog

My cute new backpack! 40L Mammut.

I wasn't sure if I would write a blog about my trip to Myanmar, but I'm recovering from flu and getting bored of sleeping today, so I decided to write about the preperation of this trip.

Myanmar has been my dream desitination since 2005. At that time, the ticket was fully booked and I couldn't get there. (But for the sake of that, I've fallen in love with beautiful India. Maybe Krishna was calling me at that time. hehe.) And during 6 years until now, in Myanmar, there were some demos, riots etc, and I have had some restriction of travel due to some relationship matters (oops) so I had been missing the chance to visit there.

But I decided I won't wait anymore for now. It's your turn Mr. Myanmar.
My visa is ready, my flight is ready and I got new backpack!

So I'm planning a route, I will arrive at Yangon on 12th morning and need to leave from Yangon on 20th morning.
I originally thought I don't want to make it rush, so I was planning to stay at Bagan and Inle lake for 3 nights each, but I found that there will be a big festival called Nat Festival in Taung Byone, small villege near Mandalay during the first part of my travel.
(It's a festival of evocation and evocator who are ladyboys are in trans and dance all day long to evocate ancestor's spirits... How exciting!)
And Air Mandalay offers a very cheap campaign called "Discover Myanmar Pass" that includes 4 flights (Yangon -> Mandalay -> Bagan -> Inle lake -> Yangon) for 215USD. I really fancy taking a local trains or buses to explore but this time I would need to take some flights during my trip and it would be cheaper than booking more than 2 flights.

Anyway, things are all set, all I have to do is to be healthy and get stuff a bit more prepared. I'm so excited now.

*** Edited on 28/Jul ***

Damn! I got a mail from Air Mandalay saying they changed the route for DMP and if I follow their itinerary, I would miss Nat Festival in Taun Byone. Hmmm... I need more research...

*** Edited again on 1/Aug***

I booked flight from Yangon to Mandalay and Heho (Inle lake) to Yangon with Yangon Airways. It seems that only Air Bagan operates the flight between Nyaung U (Bagan) and Mandalay and it was fully booked. Fine. I just booked the first and the last flights and it will give me more flexibility on the way.

*** Edited one more time again on 10/Aug ***

Ahhh I'm leaving tomorrow after work but still haven't finished packing yet! :D
And I haven't bought any travel guide since Japanese one (Chikyu no Arukikata) was too thin and less info, and LP is expensive in Japan! (And I don't like LP because it's too heavy and boring) Hahaha. And the only Burmese I can say is "Mingalabaa" (hello) so I should learn some other words during work tomorrow... hehe.

anillets says:
Thanks for your useful tips. Can't wait for the departure for Myanmar next week ;)
Posted on: Apr 05, 2012