Goodbye Old Home

Woodstock Travel Blog

Leaving Woodstock, GA after 10 years here. It's been swell, but it's time to go. We're looking forward to our new life in Oregon. The trip was originally scheduled to start on March 28th or so, but closing has been delayed. Right now it's scheduled for the first week of April.
pete4ducks says:
good thing you have a job already it can be hard for newcomers . . . Eugene is great for biking particularly in the non rainy months, you are quite close to the bike trail system at that location, you can really get around quickly on bike in Eugene . . .
Posted on: Mar 21, 2006
readparse says:
Yeah, Eugene is a neat town. Fortunately I have a job in Eugene already. The houses are really expensive, but we're going to rent at Forest Hills on Goodpasture Loop at first anyway. Really looking forward to it -- I might even bike to work.
Later,
John
Posted on: Mar 20, 2006
pete4ducks says:
Best of luck in your new life in Eugene my hometown. I have lived most of my life there but moved to Portland last year. You'll find Eugene friendly, with a good deal of cultural ammenities for a small city. I miss it greatly. Finding a job can be tough and the housing costs are high but the quality of life factor is excellent. I am sure you will love it!
Posted on: Mar 18, 2006