I'm turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so...

Tokyo Travel Blog

This is from an old xanga entry:

japan is one of the most diverse countries i've ever been to. in every district/area that we've visited, there's been a different crowd of people. the harajuku girls definitely scared the crap out of me. a lot of the japanese actually look chinese, and they are so freaking trendy (even the older grandmas can dress it up). i feel like a walking fox paws (faux paus) with my jeans and t-shirt.

we've gone to almost all the major areas in tokyo: asakusa, roppongi, ginza, marounichi, shibuya, harajuku, and shinjuku. we haven't really done the "touristy stuff", like going to see the temples and shrines, but we have done a lot of walking (mainly from getting lost), shopping, and eating. i think i actually enjoy getting lost and going through the alley ways and seeing unexpected parts of japanese culture.

the food here is GREAT! we've had mostly rice and noodles every meal, just cuz it's cheap, but their sushi is so fresh and very reasonably priced. i swear if they don't have japanese food in missouri, i am seriously leaving and coming back immediately. nightlife is not that great. drinks are cheap if you go to the right place, but all the clubs are super small and people are smoking left and right. it's interesting b/c there are a lot of African men here working the club scene, at least where we were last night. you're also allowed to drink on the streets so most people just hang outside with their sapporos and asahis. most places don't have cover, but they do require you to buy a drink, which sucks. as far as music, it's just like back home... WHAT?? YEEEEAAAHHH!!!

aussielivinginjapan says:
Great Blog :) The smoking is outta control in this country i gotta agree =( I really want to get to China while im here in the region. Especially want to see the Great Wall. Loved reading your Blog.
Posted on: Jun 13, 2007