End of day 1ne

Willits Travel Blog

It looked at this point that we would still pull into our hotel around 6p.m.  With only 120 miles to drive it seemed easy.  Little did we know that traffic woes would slow us way down.  We went from crawl to full speed and back to a crawl again time after time after time.  We didn’t arrive to the hotel until 7:15p.m.  Frustrating. Glad that day of driving was over.

At one point along the route we passed a sign that I am sure I read wrong.  I do that all the time, and it drives me and my wife crazy.  On this sign my mind left off one letter, that’s all, no big deal, right.  One letter can make a whole lot of difference.  The sign read “Golf Course Road”.  But my “silly” mind read it “Golf Curse Road”! J  Yep, the way I used to play golf, it truly was a curse.  I wonder why my mind does that.

Dinner was across the street at the local Perko’s Coffee Shop and Grill.  A very nice steak with baked potatoes and vegetables/fruit.

All together not a bad day at all, just the late driving section.

Even though the sign in front says they have high speed internet connection, we were all the way down at the farthest room from the office so I had no signal at all.  I downloaded my pictures and wrote this entry and I will up load it when I get a chance.

Waterfalls = 2, bridges = 1, and tunnels = 1

The room was clean and large and well equipped with a balcony even.  Microwave, refrigerator and coffee pot were included.  But because it was right on the main street of town, which also happens to be US-101, the sound of traffic nearly kept us awake all night.

Willits Hotels & Accommodations review
Located above the highway in Willits, this three story facility sits on the steep hill on the east side of the road, highway 101, the main street thro… read entire review
Willits Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
I’ve done a review of the Perko’s Café in Visalia, and was surprised to find one here in Willits. I didn’t realize that this is a growing fran… read entire review
photo by: Hummingbird