Added Silly Bonus Entry

Visalia Travel Blog

But which game?

Every trip turns up something that is not planned, or unusual, or just plain weird.  Well our summer vacation trip this year included a few things that fit into that category.  This year we had seven such things.

1. Game Crossing

Being out in middle America where the open ranges are all around you we ran across this first sign every once in awhile, we only took one picture, but I’m sure you will recognize it.  The problem we had was trying to identify which game they were talking about.  Was it Monopoly, Risk, Chess, Checkers, a card game, a board game, a dice game, a video game?  We looked every time we saw the sign, and darn, not once did we see a game crossing the road. Shucks!

2. Bird Woman Falls

Tvillingmarit has already made this shot for me.

But what about the Man?
  When I posted it in the Glacier National Park photos there was something there in me that said “this photo needs something”.  I had hoped that I’d see a sign saying “and Bird Man Hangs on by his fingernails!”  She seemed to see the same thing. Her comment “…….Bird Man Stays?”

3. Devil’s Orchard

This sign appeared in the Craters of the Moon National Monument and we looked all over the place for the trees. Somewhere out there in the middle of what seems like no-where there must be an orchard of trees where they grow the ever-illusive stuff they make the cake out of.

For Devil's Food Cake?
  How else could it get its name…. Devil’s Food Cake!

4. Deeth Starr Valley

We are all more than aware that for more than twenty years Star Wars has been one of the most popular of all movies made.  But for some people it seems as though they thought it was half the devil’s due, because it shows in this photo that they only gave it half the devil’s number of 666.  Also, you can tell the guys in this area were not big on having a back bone.  They didn’t really want to get on the wrong side of the movie maker, so they even miss-spelled the name of their valley.

Historical Site

Throughout Idaho there are a multitude of Historical Site signs.  Of course, Lewis and Clark came through this area.  And there must have been at least a gazillion other historical events that went on.  And if we had stopped at each and every site it would have taken us more than a week to just travel through the state.  Not that I don’t appreciate the efforts put in to make these signs and put them up, but I just kept looking for one special sign.  It would have said, “Hysterical site!”

6. Vader Grade

Again, this is all about Star Wars and when we saw the first of the signs telling us that Vader grade was ahead we were worried.  Would our little four-cylinder hybrid have what it took to climb the toughest of all grades… the Vader Grader?  Shucks it was just a little hill.

Stock Crossing

We saw this sign every once in a while during our travels through the open range land of the northwest.  But each time we perked up our attention we were let down.  Time after time nothing appeared.  We had been so hopeful to see hundreds, even thousands of shares of Toyota, Microsoft, Bank of America, or other Dow Jones industrial stock tripping across the pavement where we could pull over and grab a few thousand shares.  Why else would there be such a sign?  We didn’t even see any Mutual Funds or Bonds.  Nothin!

For Devils Food Cake?
For Devil's Food Cake?
But not one Hysterical Site!
A big tough climb.... naaa just a …
A big tough climb.... naaa just a…
Thousand of shares of Microsoft?
Thousand of shares of Microsoft?
Visalia