On the train again to Innsbruck

Innsbruck Travel Blog

I'm continuing my Olympic cities tour and heading to Austria's Innsbruck. Took the train again. Had another great train ride. I never knew I liked riding the train so much! I'm like a little kid again! I loved the train ride up to Innsbruck. There are so many charming stops on the way, I wish I had time to get off and wander around. I hear that Innsbruck is a great center for hikers, because it's so central to some train stops you want to take if you want to get some serious hiking done in the Austrian Alps.

Met more nice Europeans on the train today. I was having some trouble with my bracelet, and a young German fellow helped me out. He was headed to Wilhelm.

Tonight, I'm staying at a camp site in a caravan, and planning on getting some hiking in tomorrow. This may be a bad idea, because the weather is still freezing, and the snow is still everywhere. I ate at the camp site's restaurant and had a Tirolean dish -- dumplings and ham! yum! It's pretty far from the city, but the view is amazing. I'm sure it would be even better if it wasn't so hazy.

Odds and Ends:
Travel to: the train
Lodging: caravan at Camping Innsbruck Krannebitten -- secluded but safe, clean caravan.
Food: train station food, and Camping Innsbruck's restaurant, yummy!
photo by: Hummingbird