The journey I have taken

Champaign Travel Blog

It was quite a journey indeed. It's hard to believe that it's been nearly two months since I've returned home.

Everything is back in full swing. I'm taking courses and marathon training again. Student organizations and going to Illini games are also on my long list of things to do.

I figured, this blog needs a little closure.

First, I'll be having a website soon through the Internation Programs in Engineering (IPENG), which is the organization that provided me with a fellowship that paid for my airfare this summer. As soon as that website is up, I'll let you know. The website is for my time spent studying in Ireland. Hopefully it'll be a good resource for students that want to go to Ireland in the future. There's another website already up for the same program I did, but I that was from a long time ago.

From the many places I blew through in Europe, this trip has let me know that I NEED TO GO BACK! I spent (at most) three nights in one place until I got to Greece, so I didn't get to a very good feel for the place as I did in Galway. I'm convinced I need to make another eurotrip sometime in the future. Who knows when though?

I travelled on my own and I did a lot of stuff. What do I have to show? A lot of pictures and a few souveneirs, but I have a lot of stories too. I guess that's the good part about it all. It was quite an experience, to say the least. I hope it's going to last me a lifetime, beyond my new-found liking for hurling and knowing I can carry 40 pounds on my back for over a half mile without breaking a sweat. Way to go Venice!

If anyone is planning a eurotrip in the future... I'm there!
Champaign