An end to the jumping around

Galway Travel Blog

At the River Inn
I made it to Galway. My final destination.

The backpack served me well, but I'm ready to get the thing off my back and start up with the courses. I hope to be taking a course on Irish Archaeological Heritage and another on Traditional Music and Dance. We start classes next week. I'm planning on visiting the Aran Islands this Sunday.

I took the train from Dublin, and I was reminded again how nice the Irish are!

I'm in a guesthouse with a few kids who came to the Irish Summer Studies with Villanova. Three of them are from Villanova and one is from Miami Ohio. They seem to be a cool group of kids. I have a single room, and the house is a very nice house. The bathroom: amazing. Our host mother is Mary Higgins; she's really sweet. She made me a great breakfast this morning. The best I've had in a month! Eggs and bacon and sausage and toast... mmm... I can't wait for tomorrow morning! I'm really living in luxury compared to the tents.

The campus is quite beautiful. Ireland has some gorgeous colleges. I've seen this one and Trinity in Dublin. They are both beautiful places to study. The quad here is very different from UIUC's quad. I'll have to take some pictures before I leave.

Galway has a very different flavor than Dublin. I really can't describe it. The city is very busy now. There are quite a number of young people here. The Galway Arts Festival starts mid-July, and I can't wait! It's suggested that we volunteer for the Fest and get involved that way. I'm thinking about it...
photo by: AleksandraEa