World Cup Fever!

Munich Travel Blog

Munich has infused in me World Cup Fever. It was muted in Ireland, since their team didn't advance, but the Germans... they have high hopes as this year's host.

In the sporting spirit, I took the subway to Olympic Park. It's quite a park... with a BMW museum, which really tickled my fancy. Coincidentally, at the park, they were having a ceremony for a couple VFPs. Wow, I can't wait to start my volunteer experience!

Olympic park was really cool. I've never been to an Olympic anything before, so it was cool to see the track and the swimming pool. wanted to climb the Olympic Park Stadium, but I didn´t come at the right time, because I didn´t know about it until I got there, and I don´t have enough time tomorrow. I also took the U-bahn to the FIFA World Cup stadium in Munich, but of course, I couldn´t go in, but I got to see it! ooooo, ahhh. It's the one that lights up in pretty colors!

Still not too many other tourists around. From what I can tell, everyone around me is still speaking German.

I also got some time to wander around the city, and I saw a lot of stuff for FIFA, of course. Munich is an absolutely gorgeous city. It's chock full of history and beautiful buildings.

Generally, the weather was horrible. It was hailing! But, it has been quite an enjoyable day.

Odds and ends:
Travel: around Munich, on the S-bahn/U-bahn (subway/train)
Hostel: Euro Youth Hotel
Food: random at the Olympic park
photo by: AleksandraEa