What you do when you can't shop in Zurich.

Zurich Travel Blog

What to do in Zurich when all the shops are closed? Take a boat ride and visit a museum!

Zurich is a very rich city; I wouldn't be able to shop here anyway, so that means, boat ride! Lake Zurich sure is breathtaking. I took so many pictures. The boat ride was so peaceful. I probably should have taken the longer ride. And the swans! The gather like the Canadien geese at home.

And, the weather's so great today!

After the lake, and a carnival, I headed over to Kunsthaus, an amazing art museum wth works by Monet, Manet, Picasso, Edvard Munch (my favorite), and more! Spent a good long time here, it's been so long since I've been in a real art museum. The university's art museum just isn't cutting it.

The Swiss are also very excited about the World Cup. heh, so different from the US of A.

This city -- full of flowers, sweets, shopping, and Italian food -- is full of love. Bye-bye, Switzerland. I'm full of your chocolate and red and clocks. Tales of Swiss beauty were no lie. I wish I would've gotten to see those stained glass windows in the Fraumunster, but oh well. This is also a very diverse city: it's reminding me of American cities. There's so many languages being spoken!

I really am planning on coming back to really visit all these places I'm just buzzing through, maybe when I'm more financially stable... or sooner.

Odds and ends:
Travel around: foot, boat
Hotel: Martahaus -- clean, and beds are separated by dividers and curtains: great for privacy, clean bathrooms, and good view from the roof
Food: pasta and wine, and Swiss chocolate!
Zurich