Munich! at night!

Munich Travel Blog

Well, I arrived in Munich at night, and the train station blew my mind! I don't think I've seen such a large train station in my life, well, it's very similar in size to Union Station in St. Louis, but there are actually trains!

Furthmore, the trains themselves impressed me. I've heard a lot about German trains... and it's all true! Super clean, super fast, and always on time.

Since it was night, it's a good thing my hostel wasn't so far away. A well-lit sign also helped out. I was also fortunate enough to stay at a hostel that had a bar downstairs, so I didn't have to worry about finding my way around at night. I met some other American travelers at the bar. They've already had quite a trip, and are finishing it off with some skydiving. They're leaving Munich tomorrow and suggested a few places for me to go tomorrow: the Disney castle (Neuschwanstein, the castle that inspired the Cinderella castle) or Dachan, a Jewish internment camp from WWII.

Odds and Ends:
Travel to: by train!
Hostel: Euro Youth Hotel -- met the owner, nice guy. a little worried about the security, but just fastened my stuff to my bed, no problems
Food: whatever I could find at the airport and train station
photo by: AleksandraEa