Back in Dublin! and loving it!

Dublin Travel Blog

Okay, so I'm in Dublin now. I took a quick pitstop in Rome, and that's all it was. a pitstop. I didn't see much more than the hostel, the train station, and two airports. Well, I did watch the Switzerland/Urkraine soccer match, but that was all. It was quite an exciting game. Went to penalty kicks and everything. Swiss lost. boo.

I think it would be better to see Rome as a trip all in itself anyway. Yeah, I am just rationalizing my disappointment that I didn't see anything...

Dublin feels so familiar now. And, I was only here for two days last time. This time, I went to the Guinness Storehouse No.1. There is an impressive view from the top. I guess this was made for real beer lovers. The tour itself didn't really hit anything for me, except.
.. I did get to watch some old video on making barrells. That was pretty cool. There was a wall with cards that you could write on. There were cards from all over the world. I graced the wall with a lovely Cardinals-esque STL. woo. By the way, how are the Cards doing? How's Pujols? healthy? I'm really out-of-the-loop.

Beyond that, I just wandered around a bit. I'm ready to sleep for as long as I can. VFP really took it out of me.

Now that I'm in Dublin, I decided to have fried chicken. It's been a long time since I had fried chicken, and it was delicious. mmm. After leaving Vivos, I'm starting to come back to the rest of the world again. As mentioned earlier, I watched a World Cup game. Dublin is a huge city, and they speak English, so I'm getting used to not having a full conversation with any person who speaks English and/or is not Greek.

I fell into this city quite easily again. For Dublin, orientation is pretty simple: North of Liffey and South of Liffey. Last time, I stayed at a hostel on Dame Street South of Liffey in the Temple Bar area. This time, I'm staying in a hostel North of Liffey near the Busaras, the main bus station. This hostel, Abraham House, is also very good for the money. The rooms have ensuite bathrooms! What more can I say?

I'm really enjoying being back in the city. Sitting here, drinking a smoothie, and typing away on the Internet. It's also very nice to give my skin a break from all that sun. Considering it was well over 95 degrees in Italy yesterday, the cooler temperature here is much appreciated. I'm wearing a jacket. Ah, Irish summers, unlike anything I normally experience.

Odds and Ends:
Travel: by plane from Athens to Rome, stayed overnight, then flew from Rome to Dublin
Hostels: in Rome: Yellow Hostel - a great place to stay! Super safe, great rooms and bathrooms, really nice staff, and a nice bar
               in Dublin: Jacobs Inn - great staff, pretty decent rooms, but far away from a lot of things. I think I liked Kinlay House better.
Food: Super Mac's fried chicken, no joke.
photo by: fransglobal