Arts Fest

Galway Travel Blog

It's been the hottest in Ireland for the past ten years, they say. There's massive heat waves all across Europe. This includes Ireland. Temperatures have been recorded in Europe at 40 degrees Celcius. The temperatures have fallen again, and it's back to chilly and rainy. Ah, fine Irish summers.

The Galway Arts Festival started on the 17th. The first show I saw was on the 19th, when I saw the Hubbard Street Dance Chicago. It was contemporary ballet dancing. I really enjoyed the show, and I'll have to see it again sometime in Chicago in the future.

On the 20th, I volunteered as a steward for the Festival's parade. The theme this year was "The Big River." I had a blast volunteering for the parade.

I was also able to see another show, a played called King Ubu. It was a comedy about political greed. It was okay. I laughed a little, but it wasn't anything spectacular.

The Festival has brought in a lot of people from all over the world. Just volunteering, there were some students from Spain and France. The streets have gotten pretty busy, but the city still isn't too crowded.

I'm done with classes, and it's good to say that I passed, no problem. This university is great, and I'm really sad to leave... sigh....
photo by: AleksandraEa