My lovely little town

Nogent-le-Rotrou Travel Blog

St. Patty's Day...and on my way to Nogent.

When I arrived in Nogent the memories of my time here came flooding back: the family I lived with, the friends I had made, the culture adjustments, etc.  I for one didn't know I would be returning within 2 years.

Much to my surprise I was rather calm.  None of this was unusual or unfamiliar...nothing at all like the first time I pulled up in the train from Paris.  The train stopped directly in front of my waiting family.  It was like an omen or something!  I couldn't believe it!  As soon as I was able to step down the hugs and kisses were swapped (very French!).  The boys I remember as toddlers were now taller, talking, and inquisitive.  I sure brushed up on my french speaking skills with the boys around!

Instead of walking to the house, luggage and all, we drove.  There wasn't a car when I was here!!!  I remember dragging my bags to and from the gare without help, and it was a 20 minute hike!  I felt pampered with the car.

We drove through town, which took about 5 joke!  It hadn't changed in two years.  Two years isn't much for Nogent's history.  The Chateau Saint-Jean, overlooking the town, gives evidence of the town's feudal past.

The day was dreary, cold, and yes, wet!  Shocker...not.

In short order I was settled in my room and ready to eat lunch.  I met the others living with the family, an English assistant (EA) and an assistant from Argentina.  The EA and I hit it off pretty quick...what a wit she is!  It was great to share experiences and swap horror stories.  Okay, they weren't all bad!

The day flew by rather quickly.  It mostly consisted of catching up on life...which is much easier to do in person then through letters.

photo by: Amott08