Day 5 - Miami Beach

Miami Beach Travel Blog

Day 5 of Miami Beach

Miami Beach - day 6 - June 7 2011

Today is last day of Miami Beach and trip.

Well get up this morning around early to walk around and enjoy. Go for an awesome breakfast at one of the fine establishments on Ocean Drive.

Eggs, bacon and toast which was amazing with some great orange juice. I walked around all the southern part of area to the marina and condos . Nice walking paths nearby and saw many people walking many types of dogs. Even was a nice dog park nearby with people walking jack russell terriers. From here get a nice view of the Miami sky line as well. At this time in morning, weather is still comfortable and cool but then the main heat came out and it got awesome!

So then I bought some snacks at Walgreens and dumped them off at hotel room.

AS well I bought many bottles of water as plan to be outside today and do not want to run out.

Plan today is to head up north to Haulover Beach to check it out.

Pack some snacks and many bottles of water and then take out for the day.

I make my way over to 14th street to catch the bus and I think its bus 120 I need to get. So I get there and wait and wait for the bus to come. I am thinking maybe I am at wrong bus stop as nothing is coming. So I figure I will walk to the next bus stop and as I did that, the bus zoomed by me, lol.

So I walk around north for awhile but I do not want to walk 100 blocks again in the heat.

Finally I find another bus stop and wait for the bus, sorry folks I never ride buses ever so I not accustomed to waiting. I get the bus finally and ride it all way north to 10400 collins I think.

I get off and on to another beach area. Near Haulover but still south. It is a nice beach I am at as no one is here, but so clean and quiet which is amazing.

I make my way up north to some condos and come across this Haulover Beach area.

To let you all know this is a clothing optional beach.

Since I am here I will tell you about this story. First of all nude and clothing option beaches are not rude and crude places. Not what some people think they area. This is probably first actual time to go to one and I figure since on a trip. Why not try out the experience.

I will tell you about this area. First all its a really nice beach, nice sand and water here looks amazing.

So, to all of you to answer your question is yes there are naked people here. However this is not a place about sex or people having sex or anything about sex.

sign warning at Haulover Beach

Also it is also not a place for only people of other orientations go, so its not a Gay hang out, or straight hang out or anything. Not that there is anything wrong with being gay. Myself not gay or anything, but then again I will say this “ not that there is anything wrong with that”

We are all people and born and should be accepting to all.

For instance when you have a shower or bath yourself, yes you are once again naked, right. And even though  you are naked to bath yourself, it is nothing about sex or even thoughts of sex involved.

So same as being on a beach, in the buff. That is why it is called sunbathing, lol. Now once again, time and place for everyone.

So going here, about after 2 minutes on beach, the concept of the nudity part was no big deal. In fact it was really nice, felt nice and free.

beach in morning
One funny thing I did see first all was some old guy putting sunscreen on his floppy (private area) but it was kinda funny.

Seems it felt like that everyone is all equal now being here. More of a liberating experience.

Going into the water au natural was very nice feeling and was great, I highly recommend it to everyone.

So for the type of people you will see here. All types, old, young, male, female, straight, gay, lesbian, skinny, fat, big, tall. Non hairy etc. All types. People were more friendly here.

Just to make sure you bring extra sunscreen, as I got a bad sunburn on my butt being here. But overall I would love to visit a place like this again, and highly recommend it to anyone. Overall lots of fun.

Sorry folks no photos from this beach as privacy and people don’t want others taking photos of themselves naked unless ask.

So please ask.

So once again a new experience and was a success.

So after a few hours of here I leave , pack up and make my way to bus stop to get back to my hotel.

I take a different bus back so it took a little longer but got there in good time.

After a little rest go for an awesome meal at a restaurant on Ocean Drive.

Go for a nice pasta and beer at one of the side walk restaurants. Very nice place to eat,  I loved eating on the front area and the people scenery walking by was so amazing. I wish all you you readers were there to join me.

Once I figure out what place I ate from I will post an official review on it.

Later in evening I walk around the area and take in the night atmosphere. Lots of people  walking around and its a nice and safe area.

I will return to the fine place one of these days. Really enjoyed this. So who wants to come on my trip next time. Please email me.

Anyways I will put this info here. As next day I get up and have an amazing breakfast at another place, blueberry pancakes. Very nice. I go for one last walk on the beach before packing up and taking taxi to airport. It was good that I had a afternoon flight today as I was able to enjoy one last meal on Ocean Drive. Very nice.

I wont go into details about going home, other then sitting in airports , but flight went good as I was able to write this blog about it lol

Thanks for reading about my trip to New Orleans and Miami Beach. I go to most places just once usually, but this time New orleans and Miami beach were that good I would go again. New orleans just for the food and Miami beach as one of the best beach places I been to.

classic car

So any questions email me back.

Perhaps we all can go on a trip one day.

View more information at my travel blog "Exciting World Travel" at www.excitingworldtravels.com

Thanks