6AM Cruise to Bergen! Are we crazy?

Bergen Travel Blog

6:00am!

It sounded like a good idea at the time.  But try waking up at 5AM after hiking for 12 hours the day before and not getting to bed until 1:00AM!  Wow, I was so tired.  Seriously, though, the fjord cruise was GORGEOUS.  And it was entirely worth getting up early for.

So we caught the boat from Flam and from there cruised the Flam fjord.  We only had to change boats once to get onto a boat heading to Bergen.  Along the way, we took about a million pictures, I got to see the hotel that my husband worked at about 10 years ago before he was forced to join the Danish army, and we relaxed on the boat trying to stay awake.  Okay, I admit, I fell asleep once.  But only from sheer exhaustion.

Waiting for the next boat to Bergen.

Once we arrived in Bergen, we made it our mission to find a place to eat, relax, and drink a beer.  We actually found a really good restaurant that served that salmon colored trout that tastes exactly like salmon, but it's really trout.  It was soooo good.  The rest of Bergen didn't excite me that much, however.  Maybe it was because we only had about 5 hours and their bus/funicular tour was closed down for the week.  That and we were still totally exhausted.  But Bergen is considered another UNESCO World Heritage Site so that makes it my 20th (I'm making that up, I have no idea how many I've been to).

After the 5 hours in Bergen, we caught our flight to Oslo and from Oslo we flew back to Copenhagen.  Very successful trip in Norway for sure.

6:00am!
Waiting for the next boat to Berge…
Waiting for the next boat to Berg…
The fjords