Ajaccio

Ajaccio Travel Blog

Sunset at the Iles Sanguinaires
As you can see, I am cramming in as much as possible in my last two weeks so I don't go back to England feeling like I've done nothing in Corsica other than look after two ex-horrible children (they're nice now!), lots of housework, lying on the beach all afternoon and going out every night! Hence my massive trip around St Florent and then the villages we passed through on our way home to Ajaccio, and my trip to Vico, and my trip tomorrow to Bavella for some massive hike in the mountains (a little concerned for my poor tar-filled lungs and weak legs!)! Oh la la, what a lot of moving! And I'm not going out the nights before my trips.
And none of my friends can understand why! I get 5 calls every day asking when I'm going, if I want to meet up, where to meet etc etc. I wasn't aware I had made so many friends!

As you can see from the photos of this entry, I also managed a little trip to the Iles Sanguinaires where we went to see the islands going red from the sunset (hence the 'Sanguinaires')so there we stood and waited in the FREEEEEZING cold wind, waiting for the sun to set so we could see the red islands, but no. Not that night. No redness, just going dark, we were unlucky! But I still got some nice photos :) I also realised when I got there that I had, in fact, been three years previous, but I hadn't known the name, or the best place to watch the sun set! It would have been very romantic had I not been with my employer!

I can't really believe that I'm leaving in a week, its suddenly come upon me! The thought that I will have to return to England, where I am completely poor (just like here actually.
..) no nice weather, no beach, no family (they're all on holiday) and no friends (they're all either working or miles and miles away) and no job...So basically, a pretty worthless existence awaits me back in London! I'll just sit on my computer updating all my TravBuddy blogs, watching TV, looking idly for jobs and probably nothing else! Maybe I should add some wine to that list...

I'm concerned also about adjusting back to English life. Having lived in France/Corsica since September last year, jut the simple things, like kissing on both cheeks. I can't imagine not doing that, but I can't imagine the looks on people's faces if I were to do it. I think its much nicer than shaking hands or whatever. And saying 'ciao'. I like saying ciao...but when I go back to England its going to disppear. So many things that I do or say here are just going to disappear, *poooof* into thin air, and it  makes me sad.
Ajaccio