Still Day 2..Belfast, North Ireland

Belfast Travel Blog

We arrived in Belfast in time for lunch, so we checked in and went to find food.  The historic Crown Bar is across the street from the hotel, so we chose there.  The food was good, and the pub was busy.  It is probably my favorite pub that we visited.  I had my first Gunniess there and quite enjoyed it.

The rest of our evening was spent exploring and shopping downtown.  It is one of the best cities we visited,  but we had such a short time there.  Dinner was provided at the hotel, so we headed there when it was time.  Later we went back out and saw Queens University, but it had gotten dark.. so we headed to a pub.  The Crown Bar seemed like as good a place as any.  We drank there for a little and met some people.  The older locals had very heavy accents and were hard to understand.  We had a great time meeing people though, and everyone was very friendly.  The Crown Bar closed a bit early, so we followed the crowd next door to Robinsons.  They had traditional Irish music and dancing.  We had blast dancing and headed to the hotel bar with our new friends once Robinsons closed.  We even met some American exchange students.  We ended the night with  few more drinks and chatting.

photo by: vulindlela