Day 8- NO Buses!!

Dublin Travel Blog

gift shop

It was so great to have our first day to sleep in.. and we did till about 11am.  Amanda and I left Kara for a little to walk around the canal area , get coffee and take some pictures.  We met her for lunch at Abrakebobra around 1pm.  It was a good place to get a quick bite for food like garlic cheese fries, chicken dippers and hot dogs.

We went down to Grafton and OConnell Streets for some serious shopping today.  We picked up some gifts, clothes, shoes.. you name it.  We walked around town more and stopped in The Temple Bar and the gift shop.  We went back to the hotel in the late afternoon.  Kara and I were hungry again, so we went back to Abrakebobra for a burrito and a kabob.

Later they went on a "haunted" bus ride to hear ghost stories of Dublin.  I stayed behind to relax a little before we went out and met them downtown later on.  We hung out in the Temple Bar just for the experience, though it was overly crowded, a little pricey, and full of tourists.  We went back to the hotel early, since we were out all day.. my feet seriously hurt, so we just got some rest.

Dublin