Sibenik, Krka National Park

Sibenik Travel Blog

Krka National Park
We arrived in Sibenik, having taken the coach from Sarajevo to Split and from Split to Zadar (that was one hell of a journey!)

We didn't stay in Sibenik, although we wandered around the centre for the day. We went to a campsite (once again without a tent, and this time the lady offered us shade under the trees or a caravan - for about 4€ more. We took the caravan, we decided we weren't THAT poor that we couldn't splash out on 4€ for a bed and shelter!) which was, literally, in the the middle of nowehere. We got the bus there. And there was a bus that took us to the national park, which was incredible.  (see the photos)

Getting back to Sibenik from our campsite however, was hell. I think we missed the last bus, which was at about 16h30 or something, I can't remember, all I remember is that we had to hitchike! So, after sitting on the roadside for god knows how long, ok actually, I was standing up with my thumb out, my friend was too embarassed so I just got achy legs, we finally got picked up by a guy who had just come from there, but was happy to drive us back! The road was deserted - it was the end of the day and the only cars are the ones with families in who are returning after a day sightseeing to the national park! Quel horreur!

Krka National Park - sensible shoes and swimming stuff - you can swim in one of the waterfalls, wonderful!!
Waiting and waiting...