Plovdiv

Plovdiv Travel Blog

Amphitheatre
We found a bed in Plovdiv through Couchsurfing so we met up with the guy and went to his. I have never felt more insecure in all my life! We were so terrified we went to bed fully clothed, with our passports and all our money in our pockets, with our arms linked! Although if anything had happened, no idea how we would have escaped - all the windows ad bars and he locked the front door and took the key with him! He was so dodgy. But we were too polite. So we ended up drinking all this wine, and then we decided he was really odd, so then my friend stopped drinking (much to his annoyance) and I had to carry on for the two of us in politness. Needless to say, we made an elaborate excuse as to why we had to leave and we ran straight to the hostel! I think by that point we were very happy to pay however much it was just to feel secure!

I was then ill, so my friend had to wander round Plovdiv on her own and visit it all. I managed to get in a few things - went to the amphitheatre, the market, and looked at the church and the mosque. My most memorable thing is the amphitheatre though, it was such a fascinating landmark with the most amazing views!
tamsynj says:
Yeah I went to the old city, but I didn't take any photos, I think my friend did, although I haven't got them for some reason. I'd been really ill so didn't get to see Plovdiv in as much depth as I'd have liked!
Posted on: Aug 02, 2007
boriana84 says:
did you go to the old city of Plovdiv? Its on one of those little "mountains" in the center. Its beautifully rennovated
Posted on: Aug 02, 2007
Amphitheatre
Some random signpost on some rando…
Some random signpost on some rand…
Plovdiv