Belgrade

Belgrade Travel Blog

We came to Belgrade because we knew it was on the same train line from Zagreb to Sofia, and basically loads of people we'd met who had gone from east to west (unlike us doing west to east) had raved about how great Belgrade was.

So, we turn up, and it was pissing down with rain (it was a time when the rain was following us everywhere, it happened for about two weeks, we would arrive somewhere and it would start raining and then the day we left it would stop. In Belgrade it hadn't rained for 43 days until we arrived!!) And we went to our hostel, which was pretty busy but decent and right in the centre of town.

We didn't do much, we wandered round and were basically very disappointed with the place. I don't know whether it was just because we didn't know the best places to go, or what. I felt nauseous and had a headache the whole time as a result of the fumes and I had to keep sitting down with some water. My feet were black from the pollution as well. In fact when I got back to the hostel I'm sure they were blacker than when I'd walked around Bangkok!

We just spent the day wandering around looking at things, but I don't think we saw the right things cos we didn't find much to see!! We went out for a couple of drinks in the evening, to a LAtin American bar, but we were just too exhausted and disappointed to do much else!
Belgrade